Through our partnership with Basha Enterprises in West Bengal the handmade items in our store are supporting women rescued from at risk and trafficking environments.
This year in our #kanthabaegifthope campaign we are gifting all the proceeds from the jewelry handmade by these women to Friends of Basha.
Friends of Basha exists to respond to the unique needs of communities in Bangladesh to prevent combat trafficking and exploitation.
The current work includes:
- An outreach program to understand the needs of women in prostitution in Tangail, a renowned brothel town
- A training program for women who need support and preparation to enter the mainstream workforce
- A home for girls who were previously fending for themselves
- Nutritious snacks twice a day in Basha's daycare centers located at four of Basha's five Production Centers.
- Daily tutoring and school support for all children of Basha employees (91 children)
- Counselling, mentoring and psychiatric care as needed